The mini-summit provides an intimate engagement space where the dev community, businesses, developers, and Africa's Talking collaborate with one another and the industry to share successes and identify capability gaps that address mission-critical communications needs.
AT is engaging her ecosystem of developers, public and private sector for the first time at a customer & developer engagement mini-summit in Kigali, Rwanda, August, 2023.
If you do not have an account with Africa's Talking as a dev you can check this rundown prepared for you.
The purpose of the hackathon, For Developers, is:
- Engage with Developer communities in Kigali, Rwanda
- Add devs on the AT Marketplace
- Engage with Public and Private Universities in Kigali, Rwanda
- Recruit developers for Open Source contribution and best practices
- Run an Open Hackathon with Developers
- Introduce AT Dev Shop
- Introduce Africa's Talking opportunity to Dev Shops
- Mobile Developers
- Data engineers
- Software Engineers
- E-commerce Developers
- Payment integration engineers
What should you expect as an Attendee:
- Access to Cutting-Edge Tools: Leverage Africa's Talking powerful APIs and SDKs, designed to make implementation seamless and hassle-free.
- Apprenticeship & Support: Work closely with seasoned experts from Africa's Talking who will guide and support you throughout the hackathon as we build with you.
- Networking Opportunities: Join as a member and connect with like-minded individuals, potential collaborators, and industry professionals.
- Cash Prizes, Recognition and Qualify to Join our Marketplace Program: Stand a chance to win exciting prizes, gain recognition for your innovative solutions and
- Impact Africa: Contribute to the economic growth and development of Africa by providing solutions that simplify and enhance payment processes
The winning solution will receive cash prizes as follows:
- Winner - $100 (Join Marketplace Program)
- 1st Runners Up - $50
- 2nd Runners Up - $25
Elarian is a customer engagement framework (Customer Data Platform) that helps you build robust applications with the customer as the unit of abstraction. Elarian features robust capability in handling end to end of customer data.
Africa's Talking powers communications solutions across Africa with simplified access to telco infrastructure, developers use our powerful SMS, USSD, Voice, Airtime and Data, to bring their ideas to life, as they build and sustain scalable businesses.
- Form teams where need be.
- Feature requests
2. Building/hacking: Code in GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket and deploy in Docker/Automated CI/Travis CI/Bamboo
Note: This section needs additional setup.
Upon commit, the repository is built and deployed to an accessible web server or an S3 bucket.
3. Demonstration and Wrap-up
Teams or individuals will demo what they have hacked for feedback or adoption.
Note: Carry a laptop
- Access to our Talent bench (You can get a job or a gig on the spot)
Submit your Idea:
We would love to reach out to you so that you can build for our customers, please fill out this form with details to ensure we have your details:
Join community social media channels:
- Join Africa's Talking slack community here
- Join Elarian Slack community here
Please follow our Twitter handles:
You can get our videos, recaps, and event interviews on our youtube channels, subscribe to get updates:
Africa's Talking community allows developers to learn skills for the modern-day African Developer. We are language and framework agnostic. All developers are welcome. This is where Africa's Talking developers community meets to build, learn and exchange knowledge.
We are helping software developers and businesses to bring their ideas to life through easy-to-use APIs easily.
Would you like to partner with us? Kindly contact the Developer Experience Team.