Please RSVP if you are in/will make it to Kakamega, Kenya.
Join Africa's Talking in collaboration with Atlassian Community
at our first in-person mini-summit created to facilitate collaboration and innovation between our customers and industry at all levels to create, learn and develop solutions for scalability that directly impact business success.
The mini-summit provides an intimate engagement space where the dev community, businesses, developers, and Africa's Talking collaborate with one another and the industry to share successes and identify capability gaps that address mission-critical communications needs.
AT is engaging her ecosystem of developers, public and private sector for the first time at a customer & developer engagement mini-summit in Kakamega, this February 2023.
The purpose of the mini-summit, For Developers, is:
- Engage with Developer communities in Kakamega County
- Engage with Startup Hubs in KakamegaCounty
- Engage with Public and Private Universities in Kakamega County
- Recruit developers for Open Source
- Share team and collaboration best practices
- Run an Open Hackathon with Developers
The purpose of the mini-summit, For Startups, is:
- Introduce AT Dev Shop
- Organize a hiring/talent bench
- Showcase AT Products for Kakamega County Market
- Showcase Plug & Play Customer Engagement Solutions on AT
- Add startups on the AT Marketplace
- Highlight the AT platform progress across Africa
- Highlight and Atlassian tools.
The purpose of the mini-summit, For AT Customers, is:
- Celebrate Current customers
- Get direct feedback from customers on AT platform
- Showcase customer stories on the AT platforms
- Provide a collision space for the AT ecosystem
- Atlassian Collaboration tools
- Africa's Talking APIs
- Hands-On hackathon
The winning solution will receive cash prizes as follows:
1. Winner - $50
2. 1st Runners Up - $25
3. 2nd Runners Up - $20
- Form teams where need be.
- Feature requests
Submit your Idea:
Building/hacking: Code in GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket and deploy in Docker/Automated CI/Travis CI/Bamboo
Note: This section needs additional setup.
Upon commit, the repository is built and deployed to an accessible web server or an S3 bucket.
Demonstration and Wrap-up
Teams or individuals will demo what they have hacked for feedback or adoption
Hackathon idea submission form
Carry a Laptop
The underlying benefits of the mini-summit include:
- Thought leadership sessions from distinguished speakers
- Networking with the community, our customers and ATeam
- New feature releases
- Dedicated working groups to identify gaps and develop solutions
- Presentations from our experts in tactical communications deployments
- Expert presentations
Africa’s Talking API platform now serves over 115,000 developers and 6000+ businesses across Africa and beyond. Africa's Talking community allows developers to learn skills for the modern-day African Developer. We are language and framework agnostic. All developers are welcome. This is where Africa's Talking developers community meets to build, learn and exchange knowledge.
Atlassian Community Nairobi is an award-winning community with over 4500 members. (SET THE STANDARD 2018 - Atlassian Summit 2018, MOST ACTIVE in EMEA 2017-Atlassian Summit Europe 2017), (Global MASTERS OF CONVERSION WINNER 2017-Atlassian Summit US 2017) and (SET THE STANDARD 2022- TEAM 22). The Atlassian Community Nairobi encourages better use of Atlassian tools and shares best practices, case studies, and individual perspectives. This Community has an abundance of Atlassian Experts and customers in the area - let's take advantage of each other's expertise. If you've got a topic to present or questions you need to be answered, we're here to help. RSVP to our next meeting or join the group to be notified of upcoming events and Atlassian Community news.
We are helping software developers and businesses bring their ideas to life through easy-to-use APIs.
Would you like to partner with us? Kindly contact us.